1)Foreign Exchange Derivative Markets” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, speculate one specific area in which the next Triennial report may show a significant change. Explain how you arrived at your conclusion.
- Considering the U.S. Federal Reserve Board announced that U.S. interest rates will stay low through mid-2014, analyze how this will affect the foreign exchange derivatives market. Suggest whether or not you agree with this strategy. Provide support for your rationale.
Week 7 e-Activities
- Go to the Bank for International Settlements Website to read the results summarized in the article titled â€œTriennial Central Bank Survey of Foreign Exchange and Derivatives Market Activity in April 2010 â€“ Preliminary Global Results â€“ Turnoverâ€, dated September 2010, located at http://www.bis.org/publ/rpfx10.htm. Be prepared to discuss.
- Research the Internet or the Strayer Library for recent articles (within the last 12 months) that criticizes the activities or performance of commercial banks. Be prepared to discuss.
2)“Commercial Bank Operations” Please respond to the following:
- Assess the obligation commercial banks have in building consumer confidence and rate how the banks are doing in this regard. Support your response with evidence or an example.
- From the second e-Activity, summary the authorâ€™s or authorsâ€™ criticism of commercial banks. Provide a counter argument to the criticism using examples or evidence to support your response.